The GDPR and surveillance in the workplace
Is covert surveillance of employees ever justifiable?
The rapid adoption of new workplace technologies now means that there is a greater potential for processing employee data. We look at the legal controls under the new proposed GDPR rules and address the questions surrounding how SME’s can strike the right balance between worker privacy and their ongoing commercial interests?
Denise Dowen, Legal Services Innovation Manager at rradar presents this seminar aimed at providing SME’s with key insights and practical tips surrounding the legitimate monitoring of employees and the processing of personal data under GDPR.
This seminar is a must for all businesses with employees and will cover issues such as:
• Is the monitoring of an employee’s use of social media lawful?
• What are the legal controls on location tracking and the remote monitoring of employees?
• How far can a business go to protect intellectual property and company property?
• How far should a business go to manage the risk of employee data breaches?
• Do you need to update your employment contracts and non-compete agreements?
• What is the right approach to data minimisation and data retention?
11:00 - 11:45
2 Infirmary St, Leeds LS1 2JP