The GDPR and surveillance in the workplace
Is covert surveillance of employees ever justifiable?
We’ll give you practical tips for the new GDPR (data protection) rules on how your organisation can strike the right balance between its commercial interests and data, employee surveillance/ worker privacy and management of employee-used company assets which could be open to abuse.
Denise Dowen, Innovation Manager at rradar Ltd presents this seminar aimed at providing businesses with key insights and practical tips surrounding the legitimate monitoring of employees and the processing of personal data under GDPR.
This seminar is a must for all organisations with employees, personnel officers, IT staff and auditors and will cover issues such as:
- Is the monitoring of an employee’s use of social media lawful?
- What are the legal controls on location tracking and the remote monitoring of employees?
- How far can a business go to protect intellectual property and company property?
- How far should a business go to manage the risk of employee data breaches?
- Do you need to update your employment contracts and non-compete agreements?
- What is the right approach to data minimisation and data retention?
11:00 - 11:45
2 Infirmary St, Leeds LS1 2JP